used 36 times in 1 John ½ - know by observation ½ - know by experience

Similar documents
Monday, July 14, 1014

Treasure the Right Treasure Matthew 6: Steve Graves Ken Broom

IN HIS IMAGE HOPING LOVE

Authority In The Community 1 Corinthians 11:2-16. Mark Schatzman Matt Musgrave Ryan Ceola

Memory Formula. Bible Verses

2 Corinthians The Heart of an Apostle Part 11-2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 Holiness, The Lost Art

1 John 1:5-7; 2:3-6, 9-11

The Means of God s Mission Mark Schatzman Seth Primm

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)

The Heart of the Matter Lesson 8 Romans 6

Come and Dine John 21:9-17 Jesus Invitations Peter s Restoration

In My Absence. Phil. 2:12-30

EXPOSING COUNTERFEITS CHOOSING THAT WHICH IS REAL

Spiritual Outcome Defined:

Dirty People Meet a Holy God

Thanksgiving. Bible reading Plan. Journal

Message Notes Colossians Part One

THE ANGLICAN CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER, FRANKLIN MA 1 Timothy 2:1-8 Ministry Sunday How is God calling you to serve? September 22, 2013

Ecclesiastes 5:10. He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income.

Message Notes Colossians Part Eight

Moses Lesson 10 Handout

IN HIS IMAGE THEN AND NOW

3:8-22. The Good Life

SO, WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART? PART 2

Counterfeit Gods Session 1 Idolatry: A Clear & Present Danger

Spirit Soul and Body God s Instructions Concerning My Body

James 2: What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or siste

Bible Study Basics. Hermeneutics and Application. SF106 LESSON 06 of 06. Bible Study Basics ends with application. James 1:22 commands,

Who Am I? 1:3-14. Mark Schatzman Collin Jackson Russell Dorch

14/10/2013. I. The source of our love. 1. The source of our love is from God. I. The source of our love.

Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song.

John 15:26-27 esv But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear

Right in the Sight of God

Temptation of Jesus. The Life of Jesus Chronological in Harmony with the Gospels A Three Ministry changing the world forever

Idols We Never Knew We Had

Genesis 2:18-19 (NIV) The Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. 19 Now the Lord God had

Step 12. Sharing the Vision. 16 Twelve Steps In Christ

Don t Quarrel on the Way

Gopher Buddies Scripture Memory Verse Quiz (Year 2- NIV)

T & T Book 3 Challenge 3 (NIV) - 1 -

Stop TRYING. to be like Jesus

AS CITIZENS OF HEAVEN NEW PORT RICHEY PARISH PASTOR, JEREMIAH SMITH

The Transforming Power of D I S C I P L E S H I P. Transformed By The TRUTH

Ezekiel 14:1-3 Some of the elders of Israel came to me and sat down in front of me. 2 Then the word of the Lord came to me: 3 Son of man, these men

Net Worth & Retirement Session 13

FAITHFUL TO THE FAITHLESS. Nehemiah 9:1-38

The Pre-eminence of Jesus Christ. Luke 6:1-5

Hosea Takes Gomer Back. Hosea 3:1-5. Charles Box

The new life of a DISCIPLE begins with SALVATION by receiving GRACE through FAITH that leads to REPENTANCE.

The Kind of Prayer that God Answers Daniel Chap 9

John s birth and Jesus birth were supernatural and also John s baptism of Jesus was supernatural.

Legalism & License. 1 Corinthians 8:1-13

52 Week Bible Verse Challenge Weekly Verses

THOSE WHO LABOR AMONG YOU

Series: The Keys To A Blessed Life

How to Still the Battle Within. James 4:1-6

Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song.

T & T Book 2 Discovery 2 (NIV) -KEY - 1

What About Obedience?

THE BIBLE CAME FROM GOD. how did we get the bible

2 Peter Bible Study 2 Peter 1:5-11

International Bible Lessons Commentary 1 Corinthians 10:9-22

Treasures of God s Kingdom

SERMON NOTES Sunday, October 9, WHAT WILL YOU INVEST YOUR LIFE IN? (1 Peter 4:10-11) The Four Basic Principles of Christian Stewardship

NO OTHER GODS - EXODUS 20:1-3

Plan 42 - Ten Minute Challenge BIBLE READING PLANS FOR CHILDREN

Letter To The Elect Jews

MICAH FOR YOU fymic internals.indd 1 01/12/ :22

Submit To Governing Authorities

The cause of the struggle is spiritual, but the effect of the struggle is physical.

The Epistles of John Bible Study Guide

Luke 2:41-52 Blue Bible pg 1091

SERMON OUTLINE Sunday September 30th, 2018 Go. Be. Do. Pastor David Cooke

A STUDY OF HEAVEN PART 1

First Love Lesson 4 1 Corinthians 4:1-21

2018 Daily Household Bible Readings for Jan/Feb Proverbs

John 16:16-33 (ESV) A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me. 17

How to Listen & Do. James 1:19-22

The Law of God. Lesson

A New and Living Way. Lesson 14: Hebrews 10:11 25 April 2, 2017

SERMON OUTLINE Sunday October 21st, 2018 Fail Forward Have a Coach Part 2 Pastor David Cooke

Christ And The Church

Happy People are Peaceful People. #HappyPeople

You Can Make A Difference Because You Are Different

The God Who Is Holy (Part 5 of 6)

Honest to God A Master Class in the Lord s Prayer

PART ONE JUST APOLOGIZE

Making Memories Can Empower and Manage Our Lives in Fulfilling Our Obligations to God, Country, and Family.

The Perfecting of Our Faith

Ps Peter Nicholes Sunday 24 th March, 2019

Get in the way, know the truth, live the life

The Two Rubs With Religion. Mark Norman

But Moses said to God, Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?

1028 Sermon Joshua 24:1-2a, My House Will Serve The LORD 1) That s a confession created by the LORD s grace 2) That s a commitment preserved by

The Holy Spirit. 1. The Holy Spirit is a Divine person -- one of the three in the Godhead.

WEEK 2: WORSHIP: YOU WERE PLANNED FOR GOD S PLEASURE

Ephesians 4:1-16. Extra Questions and Commentaries

Idols We Never Knew We Had

Small Groups: Resource List for Bible Studies

Transcription:

Know used 36 times in 1 John ½ - know by observation ½ - know by experience

1 JOHN 5:18-21 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and KNOW confidence experience the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing

1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) 1 JOHN 3:2a (ESV) Beloved, we are God s children now... We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

I know that I am His child. I have new appetites. 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

I know that I am His child. I have new appetites. I am protected from the evil one. 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

I know that I am His child. I have new appetites. I am protected from the evil one. I am not home yet. 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

I know that Jesus has come for me. I have a new mind (of Christ). 1 JOHN 5:20 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

I know that Jesus has come for me. I have a new mind (of Christ). I have a new allegiance (to Christ). 1 JOHN 5:20 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

I know that Jesus has come for me. I have a new mind (of Christ). I have a new allegiance (to Christ). I have a new experience (in Christ). 1 JOHN 5:20 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing

1 JOHN 5:20-21 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

What is an idol? It is anything more important to you than God, anything that absorbs your heart and imagination more than God, anything you seek to give you what only God can give. - TIMOTHY KELLER COUNTERFEIT GODS

1 JOHN 5:18-21 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.