10:30 a.m. 2:00 p.m. ½ Chicken roll/butter, potato salad, coleslaw $10/per person Proceeds benefit St. Paul s Men s Club ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH

Save this PDF as:
 WORD  PNG  TXT  JPG

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "10:30 a.m. 2:00 p.m. ½ Chicken roll/butter, potato salad, coleslaw $10/per person Proceeds benefit St. Paul s Men s Club ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH"

Transcription

1 ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH The CALLER Our Mission: Empowering others with the Good News of Jesus Christ: Making Connections, Enriching Faith, Nourishing Lives, and Demonstrating love in God s Name September 2016 at St. Paul s Wed. Sept am Comforters meet in the Parish Hall to make quilts and lap-robes. Prayer Shawl Ministry also meets at this time. Bring a brown-bag lunch beverages and dessert are provided. Everyone is welcome! Men s Club Chicken BBQ is Sept :30 a.m. 2:00 p.m. ½ Chicken roll/butter, potato salad, coleslaw $10/per person Proceeds benefit St. Paul s Men s Club Sept a.m. Bible Study Our topic this Fall is Seeing Scripture through Icons 7:00 Council 7:00 Eggertsville Community Org. Worship at St. Paul s I was glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord Psalm 122:1 Sept. 4 10:00 Holy Communion Café at the Curve; Daily Bread Sept. 11 Café at the Curve; Daily Bread 10:00 Holy Communion Sunday School classes begin 9:00 Explore our Stories (see Pr. Steve s page for details! Men s Club Chicken BBQ Sept. 18 Café at the Curve; Daily Bread 9:00 Explore our Stories 10:00 Holy Communion Sunday School classes Sept. 25 Café at the Curve; Daily Bread 9:00 Explore our Stories 10:00 Holy Communion Sunday School classes Thurs. Sept. 15 at 7:30 pm Choir rehearsals begin no auditions, all voice parts needed and welcome. Come, sing praise to God! Remember if you re scheduling a meeting or an event, check the planning calendar on the board by the offices to make sure space is available! Or call or the Church Office: ( or The Nursery will be staffed again beginning Sept. 11 for the 10:00 worship time. St. Paul s is a congregation of the Niagara Frontier Conference of the Upstate New York Synod Of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)

2 P AGE 2 S EPTEMBER 2016 Dear Friends and Members of St. Paul s, What s your story? It s been three full years now that I ve been traveling with you as pastor. What a ride! Through prayer, trust, faith, commitment, giving and sharing your talents, you ve moved from being a small, nervous, quiet congregation searching for what the next looked like to a growing, full, energetic worshipping community that launched it s own food truck mission!! You ve moved from a church that people were leaving to a church that people want to be a part of. Over the three years, I ve seen many people come and go in that time frame, some moving between stages of life and states of residence and some here for the final month of the their lives. I ve seen people visit for one week, families have babies baptized that I know we won t see much on the weekend and people that have been married or buried from here. Their stories touching ours for just a few moments. So many stories have come through this place in just three years! And as the oldest Lutheran worshipping community in Erie County, do you realize how many more have shared their story and heard God s at St. Paul s over the years!!?? So, what s your story? This fall, I d like to explore our stories. What is our story and how does our story wind through the Biblical story? Do we realize it does? Do we realize when water pours over the baby s or adult s head, it connects them to all of salvation history all of God s story! Starting September 11 th, we will start exploring our stories. I ll share some of mine first and how I ve seen God s story in mine. We will start to share Bible stories that have struck us over the years and how we ve connected to God through them. Then you ll have a chance and different people from St. Paul s will be invited to share stories every week. When one of our values is seeking connections, this is a perfect way to connect with one another on a Biblical level. We ll gather each Sunday morning at 9am for 40 minutes. Then starting on January 1st, we will begin to read the Bible in a year. If you ve never read it, we will have a Bible that will walk you through how to do it and each week we will discuss, explore and share how these stories of God strike us. So plan to join in September 11th and get to hear how God s story is winding through the stories of others right here at St. Paul s. Still in One Peace, ps

3 T HE CALLER P AGE 3

4 Cross Training AKA Confirmation 2nd year Confirmation Classes will begin In September Parents of 2nd year students will be contacted regarding Start date. Youth Stuff! Welcome Home! It's been a busy summer of travel and camps and sports and swimming and food trucks but we're all home now and ready to get back to the "normal" that fall brings. Over the summer I was able to spend time with my fellow youth workers in WNY and we are super excited to bring you some additional events this year that will definitely not be just plain normal. Read on and start marking your calendars! If you ever have any questions feel free to call or text me at or you can at All youth events include grades Friends are always welcome. =) Sun, Sept 11th: Sunday School Begins! Our class will take place after the children's sermon on Sunday mornings. Follow the little ones out of the sanctuary and go upstairs. Sunday School starts SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11 Beginning with worship at 10 am (and bring your school backpack for a blessing that morning!) Children from age 3 thru Senior High and friends are welcome! Fri, Sept 23rd: Youth Nigh Kick Off! We'll spend the night playing games, eating dinner and snacks and exploring "Chaos". 6pm-9pm Fri, Oct 7th: Lasertron Lock In! Forms and details for this event will be out soon. Fri, Oct 28th: Connections Lock In! Connections are a series of lock-ins that will take place throughout the year. They are led by a group of youth leaders in the area so multiple churches are invited and locations will vary. This first one takes place at St. John Lutheran Church at 6540 Main Street in Williamsville. I m looking forward to starting off another GREAT year in Sunday School - our first Sunday theme is Lost and Found - and looking forward to help your children find God s love in their lives. Love & Peace ~ June Piette

5 Retired Folks St. Paul s Retired Folks is open to members and friends. We meet once a month usually for a meal! - and enjoy each other s company. Last June a highlight of our year was an air-conditioned trolley tour of Forest Lawn Cemetery which included a look at the new Wendt Archive Center on the grounds as well as a guided tour of some of the more notable permanent residents of the cemetery, including President Millard Fillmore (did you know that the cofounder of Flag Day, Sarah Hinson, is buried there?) among others! We ll start off the season with a POT-LUCK LUNCH ON THURSDAY, SEPT. 15 AT NOON. There s a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board in the back narthex. We ll be looking at the coming year and what programs we might wish to share. Gifts in memory of Nanette Robertson-Fenton Mark & May Wolfe, Sue & Bill Boyd. Fran Ann Swierczewski Gifts in memory of Joyce Menth Robert Baus Gifts in memory of Doris Mogle Dr. Michael & Mary Hanzley Gifts to the Memorial Fund of St. Paul s may be made at any time and in any amount. Cards and envelopes are located in the Gathering Area and the back narthex. From: Rayma Camp I want to thank you for the beautiful Altar Flowers delivered by Joyce Chace. I love enjoying the for 2 weeks! They were beautiful! Lutheran Charities thank you for supporting local missions through Lutheran Charities! We are so grateful for your year-to-date gifts of $2930! Together we re living out Christ s mission in our corner of the world. Evelyn Berger Thank you for the beautiful flowers and to Richard Riddoch for delivering them Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia We thank you for your generous contribution to help support and fulfill the mission of LTSP to teach and send men and women our to spread the Gospel as leaders of the church/. Your donation of $500 will go to our Student Aid & Awards Fund which helps to supply financial support to our students. Your gifts is just one of the many ways that we know the Spirit is alive at LTSP! Christ the King Lutheran Church (South Bend IN) Dear St. Paul s, Thank you very much for all of the hospitality you have showed us! Letting a bunch of people stay in your place of worship is not an easy task, considering we were strangers. Opening up to us really us a blessing and there are no words to express how thankful all of us really are. This place and all people in the congregation will forever be in our thoughts and prayers! This youth group and another from Cross and Crown Lutheran Church in Roscoe IL stayed at St. Paul s July 9th. Thanks to Julie Miller for making sure they got in and showing them around!)

6 ebay News from Sara Gallagher September 2016 September? Already? Time to get back to work on ebay selling. Have to get started posting for the great things that have been donated during the summer. I ll try again to sell things that didn t go the first time they were up for sale. Not much was done on ebay during the summer, but there are a few things that sold that I haven t reported to you yet: Antique Harvard Club Wooden Cigar Box HOMCO Big Hit Baseball Picture Sports and Pokemon card collection Clean out those drawers and closets. Anything you want to get rid of? find me at church, or call S EPTEMBER 2016 Baby Blessings Basics at Crossroads Your generosity has filled us to overflowing with baby/ children s clothing! Thank you!!! Because of space constraints we need to stick to newborn through 3T sizes. Our largest request is for newborn to 9 month clothing so if you have any of those sizes, bring them in or place them in the bin off of our parking lot. Other sizes are welcome, but those are the sizes most in demand. We also like to include a few extras if we have them: Non-reader books (picture books) Bibs Small blankets If you know of someone who could benefit from this ministry contact one of your pastors who can write a referral. When Should You Call the Church Office? To arrange for a Baptism To schedule a wedding date and pre-marital counseling sessions Anytime you or a family member is in the hospital (including having a baby!) If there is a death in the family If you move or change your phone number (we have to pay the post office for returned mail!) When you need to talk with a Pastor... When there s a situation you think we need to know about... From the Parish Register Baptized: by water and the Spirit Connor Edward Polka Died: Into your hands, O merciful Savior... Joyce Menth Nanette Fenton Rev, John L. Kinzel pastor of St. Paul s from Patricia A. Felber Robert E. Vogel Do you get our Updates? Every week (and sometimes more often!) an update goes out from the Church Office to remind you of coming events, and to inform you of things in the life of the congregation that happen between Sundays. If you re not receiving these and you d like to, contact the Church Office with your address and let Mary know you want to be added. We need your permission to add your to the list.

7 T HE CALLER S EPTEMBER 2016 Reaching Beyond St. Paul s FOOD PANTRY UPDATE Thanks for your help! The need for September is Peanut Butter & Jelly (or jam!) Please pick up some when you do your shopping. Thanks for your continuing support of this ongoing need! Lord, when did we see you hungry? Who Are Prayer Shawls for?? People in the congregation, friends, co-workers, family people who are sick, home-bound, grieving, going through difficult times anyone who needs to know they are wrapped in prayer! If you know someone who needs a prayer shawl, we have them! Speak with Marilyn Emerson or Jean Brundage and they ll help you choose one for the need! It doesn t need to be for a member of St. Paul s! Dash s Receipts = Cash! Please continue to save your Dash s register tapes and place them in the collection box in the back narthex. They provide a source of extra income which enables the Niagara Lutheran Health System Guild to enrich the lives of the residents and they do add up! Lutheran Disaster Response Lutheran Disaster Response brings God s hope, healing and renewal to people whose lives have been disrupted by disasters in the United States and around the world. When the dust settles and the headlines change, we stay to provide ongoing assistance to those in need. We are a church that is a catalyst, convener and bridge builder. Lutheran Disaster Response collaborates with other disaster response organizations and religious entities. This enables the greatest stewardship of resources and maximum impact of response. We are a welcome partner because we respect the perspectives and strengths of others. We recognize that every disaster is local. Because of this, we believe every response needs to be rooted in the community; we work to accompany that community from immediate relief through long-term recovery. In our international work we partner closely with companion churches and other Lutheran and ecumenical relief agencies to make sure local needs are being addressed and met. In the United States, we work through our extensive affiliate network and other partners to address these same concerns. Lutherans are responding: Africa Drought West Virginia Flooding Texas and Louisiana Flooding Japan Earthquakes Nepal Earthquake U.S. Wildfires Middle East and Europe Refugee Crisis Lutheran Disaster Response would not exist if it were not for the thousands, if not millions, of people who make an impact by getting involved. Whether efforts are financial support, volunteering or helping to prepare communities for disasters, lives and livelihoods are improved. YOU are one of the people who helps, just by contributing to your ELCA congregation, which, in turn, sends mission support to its synod. Thank you!

8 St. Paul s Lutheran Church 4007 Main Street Eggertsville NY Non-Profit Org. US Postage PAID Permit #3595 Buffalo New York ADDRESS SERVICE REQUESTED Coming in October Men s Club Breakfast & Bible Study Saturdays 10/8 & 10/22 9 am Bible Study Tuesdays Oct. 4, 11, 18 at 10 a.m. Wed. Oct. 5 10:00 Comforters & Prayer Shawl Ministry meet in the Parish Hall Tues. Oct. 11 7:00 Council Meeting Sunday Oct Noon VNA Flu Shot Clinic here at St. Paul s No appointments open to all Pub With a Purpose Annual Fund-raiser for Lutheran Charities is coming watch for details St. Paul s Evangelical Lutheran Church Our Mission: Empowering others with the Good News of Jesus Christ: Making Connections, Enriching Faith, Nourishing Lives, and Demonstrating love in God s Name Pastor: The Rev. Steve Biegner ( cell) Editor: Mary E. Wolf Assemblers: Dorothy Menth, Marilyn Emerson, Betty Arbogast, Dolores Shearer, Marilynn Speich, Norma Stevenson, Joyce Chace, Joan Maefs, Bertha Efstation, Sue Keppel Telephone: (716) Fax: (716) Web:

The CALLER ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH. I was glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord Psalm 122:1

The CALLER ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH. I was glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord Psalm 122:1 ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH The CALLER Our Mission: Empowering others with the Good News of Jesus Christ: Making Connections, Enriching Faith, Nourishing Lives, and Demonstrating love in God s Name September

More information

The CALLER ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH. I was glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord Psalm 122:1

The CALLER ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH. I was glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord Psalm 122:1 ST. PAUL S LUTHERAN CHURCH The CALLER Our Mission: Empowering others with the Good News of Jesus Christ: Making Connections, Enriching Faith, Nourishing Lives, and Demonstrating love in God s Name March

More information

The Messenger. Blessing of Animals Outdoor Worship Sunday, September 6 at 9 A.M.

The Messenger. Blessing of Animals Outdoor Worship Sunday, September 6 at 9 A.M. The Messenger SEPTEMBER Engli sh Lutheran Church of Bateman (ELCA) VOLUME IX ISSUE X 2015 Is Sunday the only day you can travel to spend time with relatives? Have sports programs forced you to miss church

More information

Holland Avenue Baptist Church

Holland Avenue Baptist Church Holland Avenue Baptist Church 801 Twelfth Street Cayce, SC 29033 (803) 794-9133 www.hollandavenue.com Volume 59 Number 4 April 9, 2012 WE CARE Weekend April 20-22 Friday - April 20 6:00 P.M. - Spaghetti

More information

2012 Annual Report of Time, Talent, and Treasure An Attitude of Gratitude

2012 Annual Report of Time, Talent, and Treasure An Attitude of Gratitude 2012 Annual Report of Time, Talent, and Treasure An Attitude of Gratitude There is an attitude of gratitude In everything I do, For all that God has given me And dreams that have come true. I'm thankful

More information

Get Ready! Christmas Is Coming!

Get Ready! Christmas Is Coming! Issue 388 December 2017 Get Ready! Christmas Is Coming! I get frustrated when I see Christmas decorations lining store aisles in October. I break out the Christmas music after Thanksgiving. And Christmas

More information

The MESSENGER. A Message from Pastor Jason White. Inside this issue: Special Points of Interest:

The MESSENGER. A Message from Pastor Jason White. Inside this issue: Special Points of Interest: The MESSENGER August 2016 Volume 4, Issue 8 A Message from Pastor Jason White It is no secret that life is really challenging at times. We look around and see so much suffering in our world and it can

More information

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Monthly Newsletter June, 2017 Head of the Church: Jesus Christ Bishop of the ELCA : Elizabeth Eaton Bishop of the SE Iowa Synod: Michael Burk Ministers: All Members

More information

Practice times for April 10, 17, 24 and May 1 will be at regular time (Sunday morning, 8:00 a.m.).

Practice times for April 10, 17, 24 and May 1 will be at regular time (Sunday morning, 8:00 a.m.). Week of April 10-16 2016 Choir Practice Time Updates Practice times for April 10, 17, 24 and May 1 will be at regular time (Sunday morning, 8:00 a.m.). NO CHOIR PRACTICES on May 8 or 15. Pastor Kirsten

More information

SPECIAL EVENTS FOR thru Set your clocks ahead one (1) hour Lenten Dinner & Program (Parish Hall)

SPECIAL EVENTS FOR thru Set your clocks ahead one (1) hour Lenten Dinner & Program (Parish Hall) SPECIAL EVENTS FOR 3-11-17 thru 3-19-17 Grounds Clean-Up Day Sat., 3-11, 9am Daylight Saving Time begins Sun., 3-12, 2am Set your clocks ahead one (1) hour Lenten Dinner & Program () Men s Prayer Breakfast

More information

First English Evangelical Lutheran Church April 2015

First English Evangelical Lutheran Church April 2015 Maundy Thursday Service April 2 nd at 7:00 pm Good Friday Service April 3 rd at 7:00 pm Easter Sunday Services April 5 th at 8:15 and 10:30 am First English Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1603 Monument Avenue,

More information

The Proclamation. McMannen United Methodist Church 4102 Neal Road Durham NC

The Proclamation. McMannen United Methodist Church 4102 Neal Road Durham NC Sunday, March 15 The Proclamation McMannen United Methodist Church 4102 Neal Road Durham NC 27705 919-383-1263 www.mcmannenumc.org Girl Scouts Youth MONDAY, March 16 PrimeTimers Exercise 3:00-5:00 pm 5:00

More information

The Observance of All Saints Day

The Observance of All Saints Day The Unsung Saints The Observance of All Saints Day November 5 & 6, 2016 Ebenezer Lutheran Church Port Hudson The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod 9100 Highway YY Leslie, Missouri Parsonage 573-459-6432 Church

More information

Supper at Salem Nov. 22: Worship at 6:30pm

Supper at Salem Nov. 22: Worship at 6:30pm SLC News www.slcmonte.org 320-269-7624 slcelca@msn.com Calendar Highlights: Nov. 5: All Saints Sunday Nov. 18: Stewardship Steak Supper at Salem Nov. 19: Stewardship Sunday Nov. 22: Worship at The other

More information

St. Francis Xavier Church (Newtowne)

St. Francis Xavier Church (Newtowne) St. Francis Xavier Church (Newtowne) FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT DECEMBER 3, 2017 Newtowne Mission from 1640 First Chapel Built 1662 Current Church Built 1731 OLDEST CATHOLIC CHURCH IN ORIGINAL THIRTEEN STATES

More information

St. Johannes Lutheran Church

St. Johannes Lutheran Church St. Johannes Lutheran Church Charleston, SC Newsletter - August 2017 WELCOMING ST. JOHANNES NEW PASTOR St. Johannes Lutheran Church is celebrating the answer to multiple prayers. Pastor Alvin G. Shrum

More information

CHRIST THE KING LUTHERAN CHURCH. committee. The level of participation is outstanding. This is only the beginning of our journey.

CHRIST THE KING LUTHERAN CHURCH. committee. The level of participation is outstanding. This is only the beginning of our journey. CHRIST THE KING LUTHERAN CHURCH Dear Friends, Advent is here and Christ the King Lutheran Church starts this joyous season with Pastor Randy Sinn as our Interim pastor, beginning December 1 st. I encourage

More information

SAINT LUKE S LUTHERAN CHURCH JANUARY 2018 NEWSLETTER

SAINT LUKE S LUTHERAN CHURCH JANUARY 2018 NEWSLETTER SAINT LUKE S LUTHERAN CHURCH JANUARY 2018 NEWSLETTER Dear Co-Workers in the Gospel, As many of you read this, you will have no doubt undecorated your tree, put away the presents and gotten back to the

More information

Saint Peter Parish. Cambridge, Massachusetts Welcome!

Saint Peter Parish. Cambridge, Massachusetts Welcome! November 24, 2013 Saint Peter Parish Cambridge, Massachusetts 1848 Our lord Jesus Christ, king of the Universe Welcome! No matter what your present status in the Catholic Church, No matter what your current

More information

Spire. Reflections from the Pastor s Desk. Barre Congregational Church, UCC

Spire. Reflections from the Pastor s Desk. Barre Congregational Church, UCC Spire Barre Congregational Church, UCC Welcoming & Serving the Quabbin Area Phone 978-355-4041 Email barrechurch@gmail.com website www.barrechurch.com 2016 Reflections from the Pastor s Desk In March I

More information

LCC Crosswords. November

LCC Crosswords. November LCC Crosswords November 2017 No Worship or Classes on Wednesday, November 22nd Worship and classes are cancelled on Wednesday, November 22nd due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The LCC office will be closed

More information

The Church Mouse. Notes From June Session Meeting Submitted by: Jody Iaderosa, Clerk of Session

The Church Mouse. Notes From June Session Meeting Submitted by: Jody Iaderosa, Clerk of Session K I R K P A T R I C K M E M O R I A L C O M M U N I T Y C H U R C H The Church Mouse Church Office: (208) 722-5427 Cell: (208) 989-7056 Email: Barboffice@cableone.net Ministers: The Congregation Pastor:

More information

CHURCH OF ST. ADALBERT

CHURCH OF ST. ADALBERT CHURCH OF ST. ADALBERT Celebrating and Sharing the Gift of God s Love with Everyone! Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord AUGUST 6, 2017 550 Lansing Street Schenectady, NY 12303 (518) 3464204 Mass

More information

MISSION ACTION PLAN

MISSION ACTION PLAN MISSION ACTION PLAN 2014 2017 MISSION ACTION PLAN 2014 2017 Mission St. James the Apostle is a Christian community that invites and welcomes all people on a journey to meet and to follow the Risen Jesus.

More information

SONGS OF PEACE & THANKSGIVING Hymn Festival THIS Sunday, Oct. 16, 4pm

SONGS OF PEACE & THANKSGIVING Hymn Festival THIS Sunday, Oct. 16, 4pm Newsletter from Thursday, 13 October 2016 SONGS OF PEACE & THANKSGIVING Hymn Festival THIS Sunday, Oct. 16, 4pm Treat yourself to an enriching afternoon of music and fellowship THIS Sunday afternoon, Oct.

More information

Journal SHROVE TUESDAY PANCAKE DINNER FEBRUARY 13TH FROM 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM (COME & GO) PANCAKES W/ SYRUP & BUTTER SAUSAGE BACON MILK COFFEE JUICE

Journal SHROVE TUESDAY PANCAKE DINNER FEBRUARY 13TH FROM 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM (COME & GO) PANCAKES W/ SYRUP & BUTTER SAUSAGE BACON MILK COFFEE JUICE Journal February 2018 SHROVE TUESDAY PANCAKE DINNER FEBRUARY 13TH FROM 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM (COME & GO) PANCAKES W/ SYRUP & BUTTER SAUSAGE BACON MILK COFFEE JUICE SPONSORED & PREPARED BY YOUR VESTRY MEMBERS

More information

The Messenger. St. Mark s Evangelical Lutheran Church A Heritage of God s Grace Since 1910 September Property Committee Fundraiser

The Messenger. St. Mark s Evangelical Lutheran Church A Heritage of God s Grace Since 1910 September Property Committee Fundraiser The Messenger St. Mark s Evangelical Lutheran Church A Heritage of God s Grace Since 1910 September 2017 Property Committee Fundraiser The Property Committee will hold a fundraiser on Wednesday, September

More information

ST. ANDREW S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH CALENDAR OF EVENTS 2017

ST. ANDREW S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH CALENDAR OF EVENTS 2017 ST. ANDREW S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH CALENDAR OF EVENTS 2017 Group Session Board of Managers Membership Stewardship Worship & Memorial Mission & Outreach WMS Pastoral Care Choir Art Guild Book Group Out of

More information

CHRIST THE KING LUTHERAN CHURCH. and. along the

CHRIST THE KING LUTHERAN CHURCH. and. along the CHRIST THE KING LUTHERAN CHURCH ON BEING THE HANDS AND FEET OF GOD It is the time in the church to be talking stewardship. And it is the time in our culture to be planning for the holiday season. went

More information

The Epistle. October Pastor s Letter for October Dear sisters and brothers in Christ, Peace be with you!

The Epistle. October Pastor s Letter for October Dear sisters and brothers in Christ, Peace be with you! The Epistle www.stpaulcalhan.org October 2015 St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1450 5 th St., Calhan, CO 80808 719-347-2798 Pastor s Letter for October- - 2015 Dear sisters and brothers in Christ,

More information

CALENDAR. Live trees were used the first few years; then it became practical to use an artificial tree.

CALENDAR. Live trees were used the first few years; then it became practical to use an artificial tree. Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser. CALENDAR Sunday, December 4th Traditional Worship 9:45 AM A&O Sunday Adult Sunday School Early Childhood Sunday School Elementary Sunday School

More information

Catholic Stewardship Consultants, Inc. Developing Stewardship as a Way of Life

Catholic Stewardship Consultants, Inc. Developing Stewardship as a Way of Life Catholic Stewardship Consultants, Inc. Developing Stewardship as a Way of Life February 4, 2013 1105 LaMetta Wynn Drive Clinton, Iowa 52732 Dear Fr. Ken, It has been a pleasure to serve Jesus Christ, Prince

More information

The schedule for this Sunday:

The schedule for this Sunday: The Messenger A newsletter of the First Baptist Church Hillsborough, North Carolina November 2015 Volume 15:12 Website: www.fbchillsborough.org Email: office@fbchillsborough.org Dr. Wanda Hardee Kidd (CBFNC

More information

Travis Park Narrative Budget. United Methodist Church. Today and Every Day

Travis Park Narrative Budget. United Methodist Church. Today and Every Day Travis Park United Methodist Church Today and Every Day 2012 Narrative Budget Today and Every Day 2012 Narrative Budget Summary and Purpose God is at work in our lives and church in ways we cannot see

More information

First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church First Presbyterian Church Tower Tidings March 2018 Celebrate the Gifts of Women on Sunday, March 4th On Celebrate the Gifts of Women Sunday, March 4, 2018 we will celebrate women whom God has called to

More information

Trinity Tidbits. E-nnouncements for Trinity UCC This Little Light of Mine I m Gonna Let it Shine. Next Week at Trinity

Trinity Tidbits. E-nnouncements for Trinity UCC This Little Light of Mine I m Gonna Let it Shine. Next Week at Trinity Trinity Tidbits E-nnouncements for Trinity UCC This Little Light of Mine I m Gonna Let it Shine Next Week at Trinity Opportunities for Fellowship, Worship, and Service Sunday, June 10 9:00 AM Search Committee

More information

https://ui.constantcontact.com/visualeditor/visual_editor_preview.jsp?age...

https://ui.constantcontact.com/visualeditor/visual_editor_preview.jsp?age... 1 of 6 12/8/2017, 3:33 PM Connect With Us Join Our Mailing List Forward to a Friend St. Mary Magdalene E-News December 8, 2017 A Note From Father Donald Staib A note was in last week's bulletin, but I

More information

But be doers of the word, and not merely hearers who deceive themselves. ~James 1:22

But be doers of the word, and not merely hearers who deceive themselves. ~James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not merely hearers who deceive themselves. ~James 1:22 ST. PETER LUTHERAN CHURCH 243 Benedict Avenue 419-668-2856 Norwalk, Ohio 44857 www.stpeter-elca.org Pastor Ann Marshall

More information

GIVING WILLINGLY, REJOICING GREATLY! Karen F. Bunnell Elkton United Methodist Church November 12, I Chronicles 29:1-9 Matthew 25:14-20

GIVING WILLINGLY, REJOICING GREATLY! Karen F. Bunnell Elkton United Methodist Church November 12, I Chronicles 29:1-9 Matthew 25:14-20 GIVING WILLINGLY, REJOICING GREATLY! Karen F. Bunnell Elkton United Methodist Church November 12, 2017 I Chronicles 29:1-9 Matthew 25:14-20 Well, here we are again at one of my favorite times of year to

More information

St..Blaise s Parish s

St..Blaise s Parish s St. Blaise Parish Parish Resources 1158 South Main St. Bellingham, MA 02019 508-966-1258 Fax 508-966-0310 www.saintblaise.org Reverend Albert M. Faretra, Pastor Fatherfaretra@saintblaise.org Faith Formation

More information

Stratham Community Church, UCC An Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ

Stratham Community Church, UCC An Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ Stratham Community Church, UCC An Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ Wherever you are on life s journey, Know you are welcome here! 6 Emery Lane P.O. Box 143 - Stratham, New

More information

EMMANUEL EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH Mission: "To Share God's Salvation with Everyone! The Day of Pentecost May 15, 2016

EMMANUEL EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH Mission: To Share God's Salvation with Everyone! The Day of Pentecost May 15, 2016 EMMANUEL EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH Mission: "To Share God's Salvation with Everyone! The Day of Pentecost May 15, 2016 WELCOME VISITORS! We are glad to have you with us today and pray our service is

More information

ALL SOULS EPISCOPAL CHURCH GUIDEBOOK TRADITIONAL WORSHIP PROGRESSIVE THINKING

ALL SOULS EPISCOPAL CHURCH GUIDEBOOK TRADITIONAL WORSHIP PROGRESSIVE THINKING ALL SOULS EPISCOPAL CHURCH TRADITIONAL WORSHIP PROGRESSIVE THINKING GUIDEBOOK September December 2017 Every Week at All Souls Sunday 8:30 a.m. Low Mass A quiet service with no music or incense 8:30 a.m.

More information

LFS CAROLINAS HISTORY

LFS CAROLINAS HISTORY LFS CAROLINAS HISTORY 1888 North and South Carolinas Lutherans join with three other synods to establish the Lutheran Orphanage of the South in Salem, VA. The effort follows the wave of faithbased efforts

More information

ST. MICHAEL CATHOLIC CHURCH

ST. MICHAEL CATHOLIC CHURCH ST. MICHAEL CATHOLIC CHURCH P.O. Box 6310 Fernandina Beach, FL 32035 corner of North Fourth & Broome Streets 904-261-3472 SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME JULY 24, 2016 KEEP PRAYING St. Monica, whose

More information

FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH 50 LEVERSEE ROAD TROY, NEW YORK Following Faith. September 2017

FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH 50 LEVERSEE ROAD TROY, NEW YORK Following Faith. September 2017 FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH 50 LEVERSEE ROAD TROY, NEW YORK 12182 Following Faith September 2017 Faith Lutheran Church 50 Leversee Road Troy, New York 12182 (518) 237-4641 www.faithlutherantroy.com Sunday morning

More information

Savior Divine Lutheran Church S. 88TH Ave. Palos Hills, IL 60465

Savior Divine Lutheran Church S. 88TH Ave. Palos Hills, IL 60465 J A N U A R Y 2 0 1 8 Savior Divine Lutheran Church 10040 S. 88TH Ave. Palos Hills, IL 60465 1 FROM THE PASTOR Sunday Worship 9:30 a.m. Moving into the New Year in Faith We have completed another calendar

More information

December 24, 2017 Sunday, December 24 Christmas Eve. 10:30 am Worship Service (No Sunday School) 6:00 pm Candlelight Communion Service

December 24, 2017 Sunday, December 24 Christmas Eve. 10:30 am Worship Service (No Sunday School) 6:00 pm Candlelight Communion Service Volume 19, No. 25 www.ibcfrankfort.com December 24, 2017 Sunday, December 24 Christmas Eve 10:30 am Worship Service (No Sunday School) 6:00 pm Candlelight Communion Service Kid s Café, Jan. 7 Mark your

More information

Emmanuel Church. Open Doors at Main Street & Broadway

Emmanuel Church. Open Doors at Main Street & Broadway Emmanuel Church Open Doors at Main Street & Broadway Welcome to Emmanuel Church! Thank you for filling out an information card. This is our way of introducing you to who we are, what we can do for you

More information

Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church PAID. December 24, Christmas Eve 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. December 25, :00 a.m.

Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church PAID. December 24, Christmas Eve 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. December 25, :00 a.m. IN THIS ISSUE December 24, Christmas Eve 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. December 25, 2016 10:00 a.m. Combined Service January 1, 2017 10:00 a.m. Combined Service From Pastor Laherty... Pg. 2 Heart And Hands

More information

God s House TOYour House

God s House TOYour House NONPROFIT ORG U.S. POSTAGE PAID Sharon, PA PERMIT No. 102 Church Records Baptisms: Makenzie Taylor Zellefrow April 7, 2013 Sealed by the Holy Spirit in Baptism and marked as Christ s own forever 226 West

More information

The Epiphany of the Lord 8 January 2012 Saint Luke Church, Whitestone, New York

The Epiphany of the Lord 8 January 2012 Saint Luke Church, Whitestone, New York The Epiphany of the Lord 8 January 2012 Saint Luke Church, Whitestone, New York FROM THE DESK OF MSGR. TOSI --- They prostrated themselves and did him homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered

More information

** December 17, 2017 ** CORE VALUES: Faith-Integrity-Growth-Excellence-Community CORE PURPOSE: Love God, Grow People.

** December 17, 2017 ** CORE VALUES: Faith-Integrity-Growth-Excellence-Community CORE PURPOSE: Love God, Grow People. ** December 17, 2017 ** CORE VALUES: Faith-Integrity-Growth-Excellence-Community CORE PURPOSE: Love God, Grow People The Messenger Are you a first-time visitor? Please stop by the Visitor Table at the

More information

Saint Bernard Church. November 26, 2017 Feast of Christ the King

Saint Bernard Church. November 26, 2017 Feast of Christ the King Saint Bernard Church November 26, 2017 Feast of Christ the King Rev. John E. Unsworth, Pastor Rev. Charles Maher, Weekend Assistant Rev. Albino Barrera, OP, Weekend Assistant Baptism: Please call Angelo

More information

Announcements for the week of June 17-24, 2015

Announcements for the week of June 17-24, 2015 1623 Carmel Road + Charlotte, NC + 28226 www.saintjohns-charlotte.org 704.366.3034 Announcements for the week of June 17-24, 2015 Lemonade-on-the-Lawn Lemonade On The Lawn returns for the Needs summer!

More information

St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church

St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church Parish Staff St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church 3918 William Penn Highway, P.O. Box 187, Mifflintown, PA 17059 (717) 436-6722 (717) 242-2781 at Sacred Heart, Lewistown Liturgy Schedule Rev. Bill Weary,

More information

The Redeemer Reporter

The Redeemer Reporter The Redeemer Reporter Redeemer Lutheran Church, ELCA God s Work, Our Hand s 300 O Neal Road, Greer, SC 29651 The Rev. Marion Clark (cell 803-920-5731) mclark66@sc.rr.com Jon Moyer, Director of Music Ministries

More information

Sunday 26 November 2017

Sunday 26 November 2017 CARNMONEY.ORG Sunday 26 November 2017 W elcome to worship in Carnmoney! We hope that you will be challenged and moved in our services and that you will be able to participate fully with us in the praise

More information

A Letter From Our Pastor

A Letter From Our Pastor 2017 Year-End Report CHRIST THE KING CATHOLIC PARISH A Letter From Our Pastor 2017 YEAR-END REPORT Thank You for Your Commitments to Our Parish 1520 South Rockford Tulsa, OK 74120 (918) 584-4788 www.christthekingcatholic.church

More information

Advent. A Season for All Generations. Part I Advent, the Season

Advent. A Season for All Generations. Part I Advent, the Season Advent A Season for All Generations Part I Advent, the Season This two-part Advent program is for use by small or large groups during the four weeks of Advent. You might use this with your regular study

More information

The Season of Lent. E-Notes for March 15, 2016

The Season of Lent. E-Notes for March 15, 2016 NORTHERN GREAT LAKES SYNOD Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Marquette, Michigan ngls@nglsynod.org E-Notes for March 15, 2016 The Season of Lent QUOTE OF THE DAY "Every liturgical year, the church

More information

Advent 2017 November 2017

Advent 2017 November 2017 Advent 2017 November 2017 St. Simeon s Anglican Church St. Simeon s Anglican Church 445 Principale Lachute, QC St. Simeon s is a part of Laurentian Regional Ministry in the Diocese of Montreal. Contact

More information

Bethlehem Star February 2017

Bethlehem Star February 2017 Bethlehem Star February 2017 Then your light shall break forth like the dawn! Bethlehem Throughout Lu ther an the Ch uchurch r season known as Epiphany we continue to focus on the light of God. We think

More information

WHAT MATTERS... December 3, News from Your Synod and Ministry Partners

WHAT MATTERS... December 3, News from Your Synod and Ministry Partners WHAT MATTERS..... December 3, 2013.... News from Your Synod and Ministry Partners Dates for the South-Central Synod of Wisconsin Synod Assembly 2014 These dates have been listed on the synod calendar in

More information

Trinity Episcopal Church Congregational Profile

Trinity Episcopal Church Congregational Profile Trinity Episcopal Church Congregational Profile The following is a summary of the Congregational Profile compiled from the data gathered at our various parish town hall style meetings. 1. Describe a moment

More information

Sunday November 17, 2013

Sunday November 17, 2013 Sunday November 17, 2013 HUMAN CARE TEAM Jacquie Kyle, Chair Human Care is a ministry partnering with 7 Christian-based organizations 5 locally based and 2 world-wide (LCMS World Relief/Human Care, and

More information

Good News. All Souls Remembrance

Good News. All Souls Remembrance Good News Plymouth United Church of Christ November 2017 All Souls Remembrance Published monthly by Plymouth UCC 2010 Moholt Drive Eau Claire WI 54703 Phone: 715-835-5475 Web: pcucc.com Ministers: All

More information

Prayer Station I. Stained glass cross on front wall of church

Prayer Station I. Stained glass cross on front wall of church PRAYER STATIONS Prayer Station I Stained glass cross on front wall of church Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard

More information

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sunday, November 5, 2017 Sunday, November 5, 2017 www.abcsbc.com 1500 Bethlehem Road Rocky Mount, NC 27803 252-937-PRAY The mission of Arlington Baptist Church is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and nurture believers. Morning

More information

MONTHLY NEWSLETTER OF UNITED PARISH NOVEMBER

MONTHLY NEWSLETTER OF UNITED PARISH NOVEMBER UP BEAT MONTHLY NEWSLETTER OF UNITED PARISH NOVEMBER 2017 The Living Body of Christ Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. Cheerfully share

More information

185 N Oak Harbor Street, Oak Harbor, WA (360) PARISH OFFICE HOURS. Tuesday - Friday 9:00 am - 12 noon, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

185 N Oak Harbor Street, Oak Harbor, WA (360) PARISH OFFICE HOURS. Tuesday - Friday 9:00 am - 12 noon, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm S T AUGUS TINE C ATHOLIC CH URC H 185 N Oak Harbor Street, Oak Harbor, WA 98277 - (360) 675-2303 PARISH OFFICE HOURS Tuesday - Friday 9:00 am - 12 noon, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Parish E-mail: Information@StAugustineOH.org

More information

St. Mary Magdalen. Parish Directory

St. Mary Magdalen. Parish Directory St. Mary Magdalen Parish Directory Welcome to Saint Mary Magdalen Parish! As you will soon discover, SMM Parish is a vibrant Roman Catholic community of faith in the Brandywine Hundred region of North

More information

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 3NO RE. Recitation of Rosary after 7:00pm Mass. Knitting Club-7pm (CB3) 10 RE

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 3NO RE. Recitation of Rosary after 7:00pm Mass. Knitting Club-7pm (CB3) 10 RE January 2018 1 Rectory Closed NO Bingo 2 3 Rosary after 4 5 6Three Kings during 5:00pm Reception to follow 7Rosary Altar Society & Meeting 8:00am (PC) 14Society & Meeting 8:00am after 8 & 10 & B/4 11:30

More information

Peace. Lutheran Church. May Newsletter, 2016 FREMONT, INDIANA

Peace. Lutheran Church. May Newsletter, 2016 FREMONT, INDIANA Peace Lutheran Church FREMONT, INDIANA May Newsletter, 2016 Forty days after Easter we celebrate the Ascension of our Lord to heaven. This event is recorded in Luke 24:50-53. There is a longer ending in

More information

Crystal River United Methodist Church May 16,2014

Crystal River United Methodist Church May 16,2014 Crystal River United Methodist Church May 16,2014 CRUMC 4801 N. Citrus Ave. Crystal River, FL 34428 (352) 795-3148 Dear Church, E Note from Pastor I just finished the Celebration of Life Service for Jackie

More information

Westland UMC News. The Journey Part 1

Westland UMC News. The Journey Part 1 Westland United Methodist Church 09/03/2014 Volume 1, Issue 4 Westland UMC News The Journey Part 1 So I am going to write a book. I have had this outline for a long time. It is going to be about the missional

More information

Gospel Gazette. A Note from Pastor Adam

Gospel Gazette. A Note from Pastor Adam Gospel Gazette APRIL 2017 A Note from Pastor Adam Last year at the same time that the country came down with March Madness (aka the NCAA Collegiate Basketball Tournament), InterVarsity Press ran a 64 book

More information

LSS God s work. Our Hands Worship Guide

LSS God s work. Our Hands Worship Guide LSS God s work. Our Hands. 2017 Worship Guide *Resources used courtesy of the ELCA. God s work. Our hands. Sunday on September 10, 2017 offers an opportunity to serve our neighbors in new ways and with

More information

ST. MICHAEL CATHOLIC CHURCH, GARLAND, TEXAS

ST. MICHAEL CATHOLIC CHURCH, GARLAND, TEXAS Casino Night Planning Love is not blind of perfection. Not that misunderstanding of love prevalent in our society that equates love with the experiencing of pleasures and self actualization. No, the love

More information

Where Faith Takes Root 2017 FALL PROGRAMS

Where Faith Takes Root 2017 FALL PROGRAMS Where Faith Takes Root 2017 FALL PROGRAMS Welcome to a new season of growing, learning and worshipping together at Christ Church. This fall, we ve got many studies, classes, fellowship events and times

More information

All Scripture is inspired by God 2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired by God 2 Timothy 3:16 ST. ANDREW S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH NEWMARKET SUNDAY OCTOBER 23rd, 2016 All Scripture is inspired by God 2 Timothy 3:16 ST. ANDREW S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH 484 Water Street, Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 1M5 Phone:

More information

by FAITH Hebrews 11:6 FIRST BAPTIST FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH 216 Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey (609)

by FAITH Hebrews 11:6 FIRST BAPTIST FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH 216 Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey (609) by FAITH ENOCH was taken up so he would not see death and he was not found because GOD took him up for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to GOD Hebrews 11:6 FIRST BAPTIST

More information

LANSING UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

LANSING UNITED METHODIST CHURCH LANSING UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 32 Brickyard Road, Lansing, New York 14882 Corner of Brickyard Road & Route 34B Church Website: www.lansingunited.org Church Office: 607-533-4070 LUMCoffice@twcny.rr.com

More information

Informational Directory Fall 2015 St. Luke s Lutheran Church 615 N. Burritt St. Buffalo WY (307)

Informational Directory Fall 2015 St. Luke s Lutheran Church 615 N. Burritt St. Buffalo WY (307) Informational Directory Fall 2015 St. Luke s Lutheran Church 615 N. Burritt St. Buffalo WY 82834-1513 (307)684-7872 7872 www.stlukeselca.com E-mail saintlukeselca@gmail.com ST. LUKE'S EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN

More information

Feb Pastor s Postings

Feb Pastor s Postings St. Andrews Parish United Methodist Church The Reverend Brad Gray, Pastor 3225 Ashley River Road, Charleston, SC 29414 843.766.1080 + standumc@gmail.com + www.sapumc.com + God Gathers Us + To Worship Together

More information

CHRISTMAS OFFERING. National Goal: $175 Million Church Goal: $2,000 Given To Date: $ LOTTIE MOON. Volume 20 December 2014 Number 12

CHRISTMAS OFFERING. National Goal: $175 Million Church Goal: $2,000 Given To Date: $ LOTTIE MOON. Volume 20 December 2014 Number 12 A Monthly Publication of Live Oak First Baptist Church Phone # 210-656-8200 FAX # 210-656-0848 Web Site: http://www.liveoakfbc.org https://www.facebook.com/liveoakfirstbaptistchurch Donald Valenta, Pastor

More information

BVUMC Connection. Happy New Year, Church! Looking Back Looking Ahead. Contents

BVUMC Connection. Happy New Year, Church! Looking Back Looking Ahead. Contents J A N U A R Y 2 0 1 4 BVUMC Connection OPEN HEARTS. OPEN MINDS. OPEN DOORS. TM Happy New Year, Church! Beginnings are wonderful things if you let them be. Let it be said that in order to have a beginning

More information

John 6: Scarcity to Abundance. Rev Dr. Susan Cartmell. The Congregational Church of Needham. Sunday November 9, 2014

John 6: Scarcity to Abundance. Rev Dr. Susan Cartmell. The Congregational Church of Needham. Sunday November 9, 2014 Page 1 John 6: 1-15 Scarcity to Abundance Rev Dr. Susan Cartmell The Congregational Church of Needham Sunday November 9, 2014 This month our worship theme is stewardship. Now a steward is someone who looks

More information

General Programs Stewardship

General Programs Stewardship General Programs Stewardship Office of Disciples Women Date: 2011 Authored By: Brenda Kidd / Virginia PURPOSE: The purpose of this study is to embrace stewardship as part of the whole ministry of the church.

More information

St. John s Episcopal Church

St. John s Episcopal Church St. John s Episcopal Church P.O. Box 945 473 South Wayne Avenue Waynesboro, VA 22980 donna@stjohnse.comcastbiz.net My church is composed of people like me. I help make it what it is. It will be friendly,

More information

Trinity Episcopal Church Lenox, MA

Trinity Episcopal Church Lenox, MA December 2016 Volume 4, Issue 1 Trinity Episcopal Church Lenox, MA A peak inside: 2016 Budget The 2016 Vestry Slate Preview of Lent Flowers at Trinity Focus on the Mampong Babies Home S E RVICES SUNDAYS

More information

HELP NEEDED! We are in need of ushers for the 8:00AM &10:00 AM

HELP NEEDED! We are in need of ushers for the 8:00AM &10:00 AM Phone: 563-322-5318 Pastor Travis Fisher: 563-676-8160 Annual subscription of $1.00 per year is included in payment of weekly pledge of members. Email: stmark@stmarkcares.org November 2017 Volume 50 Issue

More information

SWARTHMORE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 129 Park Avenue, Swarthmore, PA

SWARTHMORE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 129 Park Avenue, Swarthmore, PA 610-543-2110 SWARTHMORE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 129 Park Avenue, Swarthmore, PA 19081 www.swarthmoreumc.org December 2017 From the Pastor: Among the Jews who celebrate Passover, there is a tradition of

More information

Fight the Good Fight, Finish the Race

Fight the Good Fight, Finish the Race Fight the Good Fight, Finish the Race II Timothy 4.6-8 Dr. David B. Hartman, Jr. September 3, 2017 First Christian Church Wichita Falls, Texas As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and

More information

If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Confession of Faith How could Luther and many other Christians confess their faith so boldly even at the threat of physical harm and death? Because they knew that something much better was waiting for

More information

KIUMC. January Home Visits

KIUMC. January Home Visits 1 KIUMC January 2018 Home Visits Pastor Mark s transition continues! As part of his transition, Pastor Mark is offering to make home visits. He would like the opportunity to meet for prayer and conversation

More information

Natural Disasters: Why Doesn t God Stop Them? How Should We Respond?

Natural Disasters: Why Doesn t God Stop Them? How Should We Respond? Natural Disasters: Why Doesn t God Stop Them? How Should We Respond? Overview People in the Southeastern U.S. have recently endured much suffering as a result of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. An 8.1 magnitude

More information

P.O. Box 128, 484 Broadway Street, Wyoming ON NON 1T0. November 5, :30 a.m.

P.O. Box 128, 484 Broadway Street, Wyoming ON NON 1T0. November 5, :30 a.m. Nov 5, 2017 WYOMING BAPTIST CHURCH P.O. Box 128, 484 Broadway Street, Wyoming ON NON 1T0 November 5, 2017 10:30 a.m. Welcome/Call to Worship This is Amazing Grace Mighty to Save Opening Prayer Offering

More information

THE JANUARY BIRTHDAY & ANNIVERSARY SHEET is in place in the back of church. Please jot down your name if you have a birthday or anniversary in Novembe

THE JANUARY BIRTHDAY & ANNIVERSARY SHEET is in place in the back of church. Please jot down your name if you have a birthday or anniversary in Novembe ST. MATTHEW S CHURCH & SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS.... October 31 & November 1, 2015 Presiding Minister & Preacher: Pastor Paul Welke Organist: Linda Berg Hymns: 200, 199, 614 v. 3, 203 293 Readings: Revelation

More information

Christian Formation Ministry Goals

Christian Formation Ministry Goals Adult Formation Goals: Continue to refine our Discipleship system: Incorporate a Family Ministry model and method Plan for a Small Group Coordinator (lay) Other Efforts: Christian Formation Ministry Goals

More information