used 36 times in 1 John ½ - know by observation ½ - know by experience

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "used 36 times in 1 John ½ - know by observation ½ - know by experience"

Transcription

3 Know used 36 times in 1 John ½ - know by observation ½ - know by experience

4 1 JOHN 5:18-21 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and KNOW confidence experience the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

5 Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing

6 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

7 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) 1 JOHN 3:2a (ESV) Beloved, we are God s children now... We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

8 I know that I am His child. I have new appetites. 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

9 I know that I am His child. I have new appetites. I am protected from the evil one. 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

10 I know that I am His child. I have new appetites. I am protected from the evil one. I am not home yet. 1 JOHN 5:18-19 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

11 I know that Jesus has come for me. I have a new mind (of Christ). 1 JOHN 5:20 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

12 I know that Jesus has come for me. I have a new mind (of Christ). I have a new allegiance (to Christ). 1 JOHN 5:20 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

13 I know that Jesus has come for me. I have a new mind (of Christ). I have a new allegiance (to Christ). I have a new experience (in Christ). 1 JOHN 5:20 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

14 Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing

15 1 JOHN 5:20-21 (NIV) We know also that the Son of God has come and has given Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

16 What is an idol? It is anything more important to you than God, anything that absorbs your heart and imagination more than God, anything you seek to give you what only God can give. - TIMOTHY KELLER COUNTERFEIT GODS

17 1 JOHN 5:18-21 (NIV) We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and Spiritual Confidence a knowing that causes growing the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

Monday, July 14, 1014

Monday, July 14, 1014 Monday, July 14, 1014 I John 4:7-12 [7] Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. [8] Anyone who does not love does not know God, because

More information

Treasure the Right Treasure Matthew 6: Steve Graves Ken Broom

Treasure the Right Treasure Matthew 6: Steve Graves Ken Broom Treasure the Right Treasure Matthew 6:19-24 Steve Graves Ken Broom OS OS Operating System Operating System An Operating System is the core program that manages all the other programs in a computer. Once

More information

IN HIS IMAGE HOPING LOVE

IN HIS IMAGE HOPING LOVE IN HIS IMAGE HOPING LOVE 1 THE IMAGE OF GOD 2 GOD IS LOVE ESV 1 JOHN 4:8 ANYONE WHO DOES NOT LOVE DOES NOT KNOW GOD, BECAUSE GOD IS LOVE 16 SO WE HAVE COME TO KNOW AND TO BELIEVE THE LOVE THAT GOD HAS

More information

Authority In The Community 1 Corinthians 11:2-16. Mark Schatzman Matt Musgrave Ryan Ceola

Authority In The Community 1 Corinthians 11:2-16. Mark Schatzman Matt Musgrave Ryan Ceola Authority In The Community 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 Mark Schatzman Matt Musgrave Ryan Ceola I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

More information

www.deafmissions.com This booklet contains some suggested Bible verses and ideas that you may use when explaining God s plan of salvation to a person who is not a Christian. There are many other Bible

More information

Memory Formula. Bible Verses

Memory Formula. Bible Verses Bible Verses 1 Awesome God 1 Chronicles 29:11 2 Awesome Promise John 5:24 3 Awesome Growth John 15:8 4 Awesome Book Joshua 1:8 5 Awesome Access John 15:7 6 Awesome Guide John 16:13 7 Awesome Family Hebrews

More information

2 Corinthians The Heart of an Apostle Part 11-2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 Holiness, The Lost Art

2 Corinthians The Heart of an Apostle Part 11-2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 Holiness, The Lost Art 2 Corinthians The Heart of an Apostle Part 11-2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 Holiness, The Lost Art Holy or Holiness 5/10/2015 EBFC Semon Series: 2 Corinthians 2 Holy or Holiness Don't Smoke, Drink or Chew, or

More information

1 John 1:5-7; 2:3-6, 9-11

1 John 1:5-7; 2:3-6, 9-11 1 John 1:5-7; 2:3-6, 9-11 1 John 1:5-7 New International Version (NIV) 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to

More information

The Means of God s Mission Mark Schatzman Seth Primm

The Means of God s Mission Mark Schatzman Seth Primm The Means of God s Mission Mark Schatzman Seth Primm The Means of God s Mission The Means of God s Mission Mission of God The Means of God s Mission To extend His blessing... to all the earth... through

More information

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23 (NIV) How s Your Heart? Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23 (NIV) How s Your Heart? And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts... Colossians 3:15a (ESV)

More information

The Heart of the Matter Lesson 8 Romans 6

The Heart of the Matter Lesson 8 Romans 6 Bible Text New International Version Observations What does the text say? Interpretation & Questions What does it mean to all Christians? Applications What does it mean to me? Romans 6:1-4 Dead to Sin,

More information

Come and Dine John 21:9-17 Jesus Invitations Peter s Restoration

Come and Dine John 21:9-17 Jesus Invitations Peter s Restoration Jesus Invitations Peter s Restoration Jesus Invitations Come and See John 1:39 This is more than an invitation to see where Jesus lived. This is an invitation to come for salvation Psalm 34:8. Psalm 34:8

More information

In My Absence. Phil. 2:12-30

In My Absence. Phil. 2:12-30 In My Absence Phil. 2:12-30 Paul Desired the Philippians To continue their faithful obedience To serve in a way that would cause him joy whether he lived or died To benefit from the ministry of faithful

More information

EXPOSING COUNTERFEITS CHOOSING THAT WHICH IS REAL

EXPOSING COUNTERFEITS CHOOSING THAT WHICH IS REAL June 17, 2015 We Want To Expose That Which Is Counterfeit And Choose That Which Is Real Counterfeits Are All Around Us We Need To Study Meditate On Apply God s Word Until We Are So Familiar With It That

More information

Spiritual Outcome Defined:

Spiritual Outcome Defined: Spiritual Outcome Defined: Regularly and willingly lives according to the teachings of scripture, according to the conviction and guidance of the Holy Spirit, and from a place of trust in God. Spiritual

More information

Dirty People Meet a Holy God

Dirty People Meet a Holy God Dirty People Meet a Holy God God s Exodus People Exodus 19 Pic via Lightstock Situation: The Israelites have come to Mount Sinai to meet God. Exodus 19:1-8 Chester, Tim. Exodus For You. The Good Book Company

More information

Thanksgiving. Bible reading Plan. Journal

Thanksgiving. Bible reading Plan. Journal Thanksgiving Bible reading Plan & Journal How to use this journal Hello! I m so glad you ve decided to join me in going deeper in God s Word this month. My hope is that as we study these scriptures together,

More information

Message Notes Colossians Part One

Message Notes Colossians Part One Loving God! Loving People! Loving Life! Message Notes Colossians Part One Life Church Smyrna Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7pm Pastor Christian Salzillo Part 1: Background & Colossians 1:1-14 Author: Paul

More information

THE ANGLICAN CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER, FRANKLIN MA 1 Timothy 2:1-8 Ministry Sunday How is God calling you to serve? September 22, 2013

THE ANGLICAN CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER, FRANKLIN MA 1 Timothy 2:1-8 Ministry Sunday How is God calling you to serve? September 22, 2013 THE ANGLICAN CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER, FRANKLIN MA 1 Timothy 2:1-8 Ministry Sunday How is God calling you to serve? September 22, 2013 How is God calling you to serve at Redeemer? Where is He calling you

More information

Ecclesiastes 5:10. He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income.

Ecclesiastes 5:10. He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income. Ecclesiastes 5:10 He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income. Psalm 62:10 If riches increase, set not your heart on them. Psalm 135:15-18 The idols of

More information

Message Notes Colossians Part Eight

Message Notes Colossians Part Eight Message Notes Colossians Part Eight Part 8: Colossians 3:12-17 ESV Life Church Smyrna Wednesday, October 25, 2017 Pastor Christian Salzillo This teaching is not about legalism, or simple religious rules.

More information

Moses Lesson 10 Handout

Moses Lesson 10 Handout Moses Lesson 10 Handout 1 Romans 5:12 12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned Romans 6:23 23 For the wages

More information

IN HIS IMAGE THEN AND NOW

IN HIS IMAGE THEN AND NOW IN HIS IMAGE THEN AND NOW 1 A 2 B 3 A 4 C 5 THE IMAGE OF GOD: THEN AND NOW AT CREATION: GOOD BUT INCOMPLETE (A) POST FALL: MARRED AND BLURRY (B) AFTER RETURN OF CHRIST: COMPLETE AND PERFECT (C) 6 THE COMPLICATION

More information

3:8-22. The Good Life

3:8-22. The Good Life Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, 13 keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies. 14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. 15 The eyes of the LORD

More information

SO, WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART? PART 2

SO, WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART? PART 2 SO, WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART? PART 2 Matthew 5:8 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. NKJV Matthew 5.8 Matthew 5:8 8 "You're blessed when you get your inside world your mind and heart put

More information

Counterfeit Gods Session 1 Idolatry: A Clear & Present Danger

Counterfeit Gods Session 1 Idolatry: A Clear & Present Danger Counterfeit Gods Session 1 Idolatry: A Clear & Present Danger Take the time to read Daniel 1:1-4 and 3:1-30. What stands out to you about these young men? How would you summarize the commandments of God

More information

Spirit Soul and Body God s Instructions Concerning My Body

Spirit Soul and Body God s Instructions Concerning My Body Spirit Soul and Body God s Instructions Concerning My Body 1 Thessalonians 5:23 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless

More information

James 2: What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or siste

James 2: What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or siste 1 James 2:14-19 14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16

More information

Bible Study Basics. Hermeneutics and Application. SF106 LESSON 06 of 06. Bible Study Basics ends with application. James 1:22 commands,

Bible Study Basics. Hermeneutics and Application. SF106 LESSON 06 of 06. Bible Study Basics ends with application. James 1:22 commands, Bible Study Basics SF106 LESSON 06 of 06 Dr. Sid Buzzell Experience: Dean of Christian University GlobalNet Bible Study Basics ends with application. James 1:22 commands, Do not merely listen to the word,

More information

Who Am I? 1:3-14. Mark Schatzman Collin Jackson Russell Dorch

Who Am I? 1:3-14. Mark Schatzman Collin Jackson Russell Dorch Who Am I? 1:3-14 Mark Schatzman Collin Jackson Russell Dorch Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4

More information

14/10/2013. I. The source of our love. 1. The source of our love is from God. I. The source of our love.

14/10/2013. I. The source of our love. 1. The source of our love is from God. I. The source of our love. Philippians 1:9-11 (NKJV) 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere

More information

Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song.

Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song. Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song. God Incomparable Billy & Cindy Foote I Have a River Scandal of Grace

More information

John 15:26-27 esv But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear

John 15:26-27 esv But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear John 15:26-27 esv But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27 And you also will bear witness,

More information

Right in the Sight of God

Right in the Sight of God Acts 4: 20 (ESV) Thesis: Obedience is a willingness to submit oneself to the will of God and to put it into effect. Scripture emphasizes the necessity for God s laws to be followed, gives examples and

More information

Temptation of Jesus. The Life of Jesus Chronological in Harmony with the Gospels A Three Ministry changing the world forever

Temptation of Jesus. The Life of Jesus Chronological in Harmony with the Gospels A Three Ministry changing the world forever Temptation of Jesus The Life of Jesus Chronological in Harmony with the Gospels A Three Ministry changing the world forever Sermon Text Matthew 4:1 2 (NIV) 1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness

More information

Idols We Never Knew We Had

Idols We Never Knew We Had Idols We Never Knew We Had A 19-Minute Bible Study (with extra content to expand each lesson to 45 minutes) by James M. Hein Leader s Guide Lesson 1 Are We Really Idolaters?.. 3 Lesson 2 Success 12 Lesson

More information

Genesis 2:18-19 (NIV) The Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. 19 Now the Lord God had

Genesis 2:18-19 (NIV) The Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. 19 Now the Lord God had Genesis 2:18-19 (NIV) The Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. 19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the

More information

Step 12. Sharing the Vision. 16 Twelve Steps In Christ

Step 12. Sharing the Vision. 16 Twelve Steps In Christ Step 12 16 Twelve Steps In Christ Step 12 Step 12 Notes: Step 12 We, having been born again, will in love share His Gospel with others, asking Him to set up divine appointments with those whom He has called.

More information

Don t Quarrel on the Way

Don t Quarrel on the Way I. Introduction: life of Joseph. Don t Quarrel on the Way a. Joseph and his brothers. i. Jacob had 12 sons. ii. Joseph was his favorite son because Rachel was his favorite wife. 1. Jacob gave him a coat

More information

Gopher Buddies Scripture Memory Verse Quiz (Year 2- NIV)

Gopher Buddies Scripture Memory Verse Quiz (Year 2- NIV) Gopher Buddies Scripture Memory Verse Quiz (Year 2- NIV) Quizzing will help in maintaining verses that they will remember throughout their entire lives as the Word of God works in and through their lives.

More information

T & T Book 3 Challenge 3 (NIV) - 1 -

T & T Book 3 Challenge 3 (NIV) - 1 - T & T Book 3 Challenge 3 (NIV) - 1-1. Which word or phrase means something or someone worshiped? a. Prophet b. Majesty c. Idol 2. Which two verses back up the answer "I need to know that God wants me to

More information

Stop TRYING. to be like Jesus

Stop TRYING. to be like Jesus Stop TRYING to be like Jesus I Timothy 4:7 Philippians 2:12,13 There is a BETTER way I Timothy 4:7 exercise yourself toward godliness (NKJV) Train yourself for godliness (ESV, NLT), train yourself to be

More information

AS CITIZENS OF HEAVEN NEW PORT RICHEY PARISH PASTOR, JEREMIAH SMITH

AS CITIZENS OF HEAVEN NEW PORT RICHEY PARISH PASTOR, JEREMIAH SMITH AS CITIZENS OF HEAVEN NEW PORT RICHEY PARISH PASTOR, JEREMIAH SMITH PHILIPPIANS 3:17 NLT 17 DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, PATTERN YOUR LIVES AFTER MINE, AND LEARN FROM THOSE WHO FOLLOW OUR EXAMPLE. INTENTIONALLY

More information

The Transforming Power of D I S C I P L E S H I P. Transformed By The TRUTH

The Transforming Power of D I S C I P L E S H I P. Transformed By The TRUTH The Transforming Power of D I S C I P L E S H I P Transformed By The TRUTH Notes www.gelineau.org Documents The Genius of Discipleship The Process which TRANSFORMS the disciple into the friend, the witness

More information

Ezekiel 14:1-3 Some of the elders of Israel came to me and sat down in front of me. 2 Then the word of the Lord came to me: 3 Son of man, these men

Ezekiel 14:1-3 Some of the elders of Israel came to me and sat down in front of me. 2 Then the word of the Lord came to me: 3 Son of man, these men Ezekiel 14:1-3 Some of the elders of Israel came to me and sat down in front of me. 2 Then the word of the Lord came to me: 3 Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling

More information

Net Worth & Retirement Session 13

Net Worth & Retirement Session 13 Net Worth & Retirement Session 13 Session Summary: In this session, Ron Blue shares a Biblical perspective on net worth in contrast to a secular perspective. Ron discusses net worth as the sum of every

More information

FAITHFUL TO THE FAITHLESS. Nehemiah 9:1-38

FAITHFUL TO THE FAITHLESS. Nehemiah 9:1-38 FAITHFUL TO THE FAITHLESS Nehemiah 9:1-38 Faithful to the Faithless Nehemiah 9:1-4 Now on the twenty-fourth day of this month the people of Israel were assembled with fasting and in sackcloth, and with

More information

The Pre-eminence of Jesus Christ. Luke 6:1-5

The Pre-eminence of Jesus Christ. Luke 6:1-5 The Pre-eminence of Jesus Christ Luke 6:1-5 Jesus Christ excels over all of creation and reigns supreme over everything in the created order. Sermon Objectives The scope of Jesus Christ s pre-eminence

More information

Hosea Takes Gomer Back. Hosea 3:1-5. Charles Box

Hosea Takes Gomer Back. Hosea 3:1-5. Charles Box http://www.biblestudyworkshop.com 1 Commentary by Charles Box Questions by John C. Sewell Hosea Takes Gomer Back Hosea 3:1-5 By Charles Box http://www.biblestudyworkshop.com 2 Text: Hosea 3:1-5, Hosea

More information

The new life of a DISCIPLE begins with SALVATION by receiving GRACE through FAITH that leads to REPENTANCE.

The new life of a DISCIPLE begins with SALVATION by receiving GRACE through FAITH that leads to REPENTANCE. We believe that a passionate follower of Jesus is a person who embarks on a lifelong journey with Christ. It s more than any one moment, one class or one decision. We believe it s a lifetime of learning,

More information

The Kind of Prayer that God Answers Daniel Chap 9

The Kind of Prayer that God Answers Daniel Chap 9 The Kind of Prayer that God Answers Daniel Chap 9 Daniel 9:2-7 NIV In the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the Scriptures, according to the word of the LORD given to Jeremiah the prophet,

More information

John s birth and Jesus birth were supernatural and also John s baptism of Jesus was supernatural.

John s birth and Jesus birth were supernatural and also John s baptism of Jesus was supernatural. Real Man 9-9-18 Luke 3:21 22 (ESV) 21 Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily

More information

Legalism & License. 1 Corinthians 8:1-13

Legalism & License. 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 Legalism & License 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 Answers to Questions from Corinth Now concerning the matters about which you wrote (7:1) Abstinence (7:1), Marriage (7:2), Singleness (7:8), Remarriage (7:9), Divorce

More information

52 Week Bible Verse Challenge Weekly Verses

52 Week Bible Verse Challenge Weekly Verses Week 1 Psalms 119:11 (NIV) I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Week 1 Psalms 119:11 (KJV) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Week 2

More information

THOSE WHO LABOR AMONG YOU

THOSE WHO LABOR AMONG YOU THOSE WHO LABOR AMONG YOU It is my privilege to come before you this morning to speak with you again in support of the effort underway at this time to find and appoint additional men into the eldership.

More information

Series: The Keys To A Blessed Life

Series: The Keys To A Blessed Life Series: The Keys To A Blessed Life Part VII: THE BLESSING OF CULTIVATING PEACE - Pastor Alton Trimble SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2018 WWW.GLORYCHRISTIAN.ORG PHONE: (310) 538-9185 225D WEST TORRANCE BLVD., CARSON,

More information

How to Still the Battle Within. James 4:1-6

How to Still the Battle Within. James 4:1-6 How to Still the Battle Within James 4:1-6 James 4:1-5 What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you

More information

Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song.

Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song. Here are the songs we sang this Sunday. This shows the song name, the artist who performed the song, and the cd that contains the song. We Will Hold On Paul Baloche Glorious By Faith Keith & Kristyn Getty

More information

T & T Book 2 Discovery 2 (NIV) -KEY - 1

T & T Book 2 Discovery 2 (NIV) -KEY - 1 T & T Book 2 Discovery 2 (NIV) -KEY - 1 1. What is the reference to "Listen, my son, to hear your father s instruction and do not forsake your mother s teaching. They will be a garland to grace your head

More information

What About Obedience?

What About Obedience? What About Obedience? I John 2:3-17 (ESV) And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says I know him but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the

More information

THE BIBLE CAME FROM GOD. how did we get the bible

THE BIBLE CAME FROM GOD. how did we get the bible THE BIBLE CAME FROM GOD how did we get the bible 1. REVELATION OF SCRIPTURE God communicating to man what He wants us to know (Hebrews 1:1) REVELATION God reveals himself through Nature & Creation Romans

More information

2 Peter Bible Study 2 Peter 1:5-11

2 Peter Bible Study 2 Peter 1:5-11 2 Peter Bible Study 2 Peter 1:5-11 Lesson 2 Peter shared a great concern for the false teaching that had already emerged in the first century church. Before Peter addressed the counterfeits in the church,

More information

International Bible Lessons Commentary 1 Corinthians 10:9-22

International Bible Lessons Commentary 1 Corinthians 10:9-22 International Bible Lessons Commentary 1 Corinthians 10:9-22 International Bible Lessons Sunday, July 20, 2014 L.G. Parkhurst, Jr. The International Bible Lesson (Uniform Sunday School Lessons Series)

More information

Treasures of God s Kingdom

Treasures of God s Kingdom N E T W O R K O F G L O R Y Treasures of God s Kingdom Jesus: 44 The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything

More information

SERMON NOTES Sunday, October 9, WHAT WILL YOU INVEST YOUR LIFE IN? (1 Peter 4:10-11) The Four Basic Principles of Christian Stewardship

SERMON NOTES Sunday, October 9, WHAT WILL YOU INVEST YOUR LIFE IN? (1 Peter 4:10-11) The Four Basic Principles of Christian Stewardship SERMON NOTES Sunday, October 9, 2016 WHAT WILL YOU INVEST YOUR LIFE IN? (1 Peter 4:10-11) It s Week 4 of our Be the Church Challenge. In the first church (Acts 2) they put their time, their talents, and

More information

NO OTHER GODS - EXODUS 20:1-3

NO OTHER GODS - EXODUS 20:1-3 NO OTHER GODS - EXODUS 20:1-3 THREE GOALS I. To know God s unchanging moral NATURE. (Matt. 5:17-18) II. To learn God s wisdom for LIVING. (John 10:10; 16:24) III. To know God s salvation by GRACE. (Rom.

More information

Plan 42 - Ten Minute Challenge BIBLE READING PLANS FOR CHILDREN

Plan 42 - Ten Minute Challenge BIBLE READING PLANS FOR CHILDREN Plan 42 - Ten Minute Challenge BIBLE READING PLANS FOR CHILDREN The ten minute challenge is a simple Bible reading plan designed to help children These are a 30 day reading plan, but the time frame for

More information

Letter To The Elect Jews

Letter To The Elect Jews Letter To The Elect Jews 1 Peter 1:1-2 Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience

More information

MICAH FOR YOU fymic internals.indd 1 01/12/ :22

MICAH FOR YOU fymic internals.indd 1 01/12/ :22 MICAH FOR YOU STEPHEN UM MICAH Micah For You Stephen Um/The Good Book Company, 2018 Published by: The Good Book Company Tel (US): 866 244 2165 Tel (UK): 0333 123 0880 Email (US): info@thegoodbook.com

More information

Submit To Governing Authorities

Submit To Governing Authorities Submit To Governing Authorities 1 Peter 2:13-17 13 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme, 14 or to governors, as to those who are sent

More information

The cause of the struggle is spiritual, but the effect of the struggle is physical.

The cause of the struggle is spiritual, but the effect of the struggle is physical. 1. [Intro] Matthew 12:29 ²⁹Or how can someone enter a strong man s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house. [ESV] 2. [B] Ephesians 6:10-12

More information

The Epistles of John Bible Study Guide

The Epistles of John Bible Study Guide The Epistles of John Bible Study Guide First Bilingual Baptist Church 9133 Mines Ave Pico Rivera, CA 90660 (562) 942-7038 fbbchurch.org TABLE OF CONTENTS INTRODUCTION... 1 OVERVIEW OF 1 JOHN... 3 WEEK

More information

Luke 2:41-52 Blue Bible pg 1091

Luke 2:41-52 Blue Bible pg 1091 Luke 2:41-52 Blue Bible pg 1091 Jesus First Words (Luke 2:49) Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be about my Father s business? God the Father s business is about Saving Sinners

More information

SERMON OUTLINE Sunday September 30th, 2018 Go. Be. Do. Pastor David Cooke

SERMON OUTLINE Sunday September 30th, 2018 Go. Be. Do. Pastor David Cooke SERMON OUTLINE Sunday September 30th, 2018 Go. Be. Do. Pastor David Cooke Comments? / Questions? Text Pastor David: 530-350-6568 Embracing Jesus Model of Influence A disciple of Jesus is someone who follows

More information

A STUDY OF HEAVEN PART 1

A STUDY OF HEAVEN PART 1 A STUDY OF HEAVEN General Comments PART 1 1. This is a study not a sermon. 2. This study uses the book by Randy Alcorn but the Bible is our textbook. 3. Each week we will have different teachers with the

More information

First Love Lesson 4 1 Corinthians 4:1-21

First Love Lesson 4 1 Corinthians 4:1-21 Bible Text English Standard Version Observations What does the text say? Interpretations & Questions What does it mean to all Christians? Applications What does it mean to me? 1 Corinthians 4 The Ministry

More information

2018 Daily Household Bible Readings for Jan/Feb Proverbs

2018 Daily Household Bible Readings for Jan/Feb Proverbs 2018 Daily Household Bible Readings for Jan/Feb Proverbs January 29-February 4 January 29 th Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Proverbs 7:1-5 The Wise will find delight in the Commands of the Lord and know they

More information

John 16:16-33 (ESV) A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me. 17

John 16:16-33 (ESV) A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me. 17 From Sorrow to Joy John 16:16-33 (ESV) A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me. 17 So some of his disciples said to one another, What is this that he

More information

How to Listen & Do. James 1:19-22

How to Listen & Do. James 1:19-22 How to Listen & Do James 1:19-22 Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

More information

The Law of God. Lesson

The Law of God. Lesson Lesson 11 The Law of God Worship no god but me. Do not make for yourselves images of anything. Do not use my name for evil purposes. Observe the Sabbath and keep it holy. Respect your father and your mother.

More information

A New and Living Way. Lesson 14: Hebrews 10:11 25 April 2, 2017

A New and Living Way. Lesson 14: Hebrews 10:11 25 April 2, 2017 A New and Living Way Lesson 14: Hebrews 10:11 25 April 2, 2017 Review The superiority of Christ 1:1 6:20 The excellency of the Son as priest 1:1 4 Better than angels 1:5 2:18 Better than Moses 3:1 5:10

More information

SERMON OUTLINE Sunday October 21st, 2018 Fail Forward Have a Coach Part 2 Pastor David Cooke

SERMON OUTLINE Sunday October 21st, 2018 Fail Forward Have a Coach Part 2 Pastor David Cooke SERMON OUTLINE Sunday October 21st, 2018 Fail Forward Have a Coach Part 2 Pastor David Cooke I. Who Is Intentionally Shaping Your Life A. A Coach Is: The purposes of a person s heart are deep waters, but

More information

Christ And The Church

Christ And The Church Christ And The Church 7-30-17 Eph.5:32 (NIV) This is a profound mystery but I am talking about Christ and the church. Here before us we have this glorious mystery presented: Christ and the Church. All

More information

Happy People are Peaceful People. #HappyPeople

Happy People are Peaceful People. #HappyPeople Happy People are Peaceful People #HappyPeople Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Colossians 1:19-20 For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,

More information

You Can Make A Difference Because You Are Different

You Can Make A Difference Because You Are Different You Can Make A Difference Because You Are Different Warren W. Wiersbe, The Bible Exposition Commentary, vol. 2 (Wheaton, IL: Victor Books, 1996), 159 1 Thessalonians 1:1 4 (NKJV) 1 Paul, Silvanus, and

More information

The God Who Is Holy (Part 5 of 6)

The God Who Is Holy (Part 5 of 6) July 21, 2013 College Park Church The God Who Is Holy (Part 5 of 6) The Lure and Lunacy of Idols Exodus 32 Mark Vroegop When the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people

More information

Honest to God A Master Class in the Lord s Prayer

Honest to God A Master Class in the Lord s Prayer Honest to God A Master Class in the Lord s Prayer Session 7 Our Daily Bread The 2017 World Happiness Report is out and it s official Norway is the happiest country on earth, in spite of declining income

More information

PART ONE JUST APOLOGIZE

PART ONE JUST APOLOGIZE PART ONE JUST APOLOGIZE BLESSED FAMILY CONFERENCE SURVEY FOR FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD YOUTH GROUP 57% I don t feel like I have a say or a place to say anything in my family. 63% I have difficulty sharing

More information

Making Memories Can Empower and Manage Our Lives in Fulfilling Our Obligations to God, Country, and Family.

Making Memories Can Empower and Manage Our Lives in Fulfilling Our Obligations to God, Country, and Family. Part 1 Making Memories Can Empower and Manage Our Lives in Fulfilling Our Obligations to God, Country, and Family. Memories positive or negative can lead us to a right relationship with our God and others.

More information

The Perfecting of Our Faith

The Perfecting of Our Faith 2 Easy Reading Edition Date October 4 10 The Perfecting of Our Faith SABBATH OCTOBER 4 READ FOR THIS WEEK S LESSON: James 1:2, 3; 1 Peter 1:6, 7; Philippians 3:12 15; James 1:19 21; Luke 17:5, 6; Luke

More information

Ps Peter Nicholes Sunday 24 th March, 2019

Ps Peter Nicholes Sunday 24 th March, 2019 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. Matthew 6:33 NLT Ps Peter Nicholes Sunday 24 th March, 2019 Righteousness is right standing Before

More information

Get in the way, know the truth, live the life

Get in the way, know the truth, live the life COVENANT PULPIT SERMONONTHEMOUNT Get in the way, know the truth, live the life August 3, 2012 POSSESSIONS Matthew 6:19-24 Pastor Trent Casto Covenant Church of Naples PCA 6926 Trail Boulevard, Naples,

More information

The Two Rubs With Religion. Mark Norman

The Two Rubs With Religion. Mark Norman The Two Rubs With Religion Mark Norman The gospel is the good news that there is righteousness that comes from God to everyone who believes. The gospel is the good news that there is righteousness that

More information

But Moses said to God, Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?

But Moses said to God, Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt? 101 Bible Memory Verses For Kids (ESV) In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1 But Moses said to God, Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel

More information

1028 Sermon Joshua 24:1-2a, My House Will Serve The LORD 1) That s a confession created by the LORD s grace 2) That s a commitment preserved by

1028 Sermon Joshua 24:1-2a, My House Will Serve The LORD 1) That s a confession created by the LORD s grace 2) That s a commitment preserved by 1028 Sermon Joshua 24:1-2a, 14-18 My House Will Serve The LORD 1) That s a confession created by the LORD s grace 2) That s a commitment preserved by the LORD s word Pentecost 14 B 506, 474, 482 (1), 355,

More information

The Holy Spirit. 1. The Holy Spirit is a Divine person -- one of the three in the Godhead.

The Holy Spirit. 1. The Holy Spirit is a Divine person -- one of the three in the Godhead. The Holy Spirit Introduction 1. The Holy Spirit is a Divine person -- one of the three in the Godhead. 2. The word "God" in the New Testament is from "Theos" meaning deity, divine. A. In the Old Testament

More information

WEEK 2: WORSHIP: YOU WERE PLANNED FOR GOD S PLEASURE

WEEK 2: WORSHIP: YOU WERE PLANNED FOR GOD S PLEASURE Colossians 1:16 (MSG) For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. Revelation

More information

Ephesians 4:1-16. Extra Questions and Commentaries

Ephesians 4:1-16. Extra Questions and Commentaries Humility (4:2) Ephesians 4:1-16 Extra Questions and Commentaries Using two different colors or markings, note what is associated with pride and what is associated with humility. Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes

More information

Idols We Never Knew We Had

Idols We Never Knew We Had Idols We Never Knew We Had A 19-Minute Bible Study (with extra content to expand each lesson to 45 minutes) by James M. Hein Lesson 1 Lesson 2 Lesson 3 Lesson 4 Lesson 5 Lesson 6 Lesson 7 Lesson 8 Success

More information

Small Groups: Resource List for Bible Studies

Small Groups: Resource List for Bible Studies Subject At a Glance # of Lessons Matthew Chapters: 28 Author: tax collector Date written 60-65 AD Mark Chapters: 16 Mindset: Jewish 22 Author: John Mark Date Written: 55-60 AD Mindset: pragmatic Luke Chapters:

More information